ARE YOU A MATERNAL HEALTH OR WELLNESS PRACTITIONER?
Do you struggle with any of these things:
- Increasing your visibility;
- Reaching parents who might fall through the cracks;
- Accessing online networking opportunities for the maternal health and wellness community to get together;
- Writing clear and concise copy (words) so people really know what you offer; or
- Finding a quality and affordable photographer for your business headshots?
If the answer to any of these is yes, apply to become a Founding Member of Motherdom. (Keep scrolling to find out how).
Why should you join our membership?
This membership is unique because it’s attached to a consumer-facing media organisation. And not just any media organisation: we’re the only one that’s focused on maternal health and wellness in the UK. That means that you’ll be in a network of professionals who have direct access to the people you want to reach.
The parents who come to Motherdom may not know where to start when looking for help. They might be those people who would otherwise get missed. We want to give them the opportunity to learn about you and your brilliant services.
As a member, you’ll get all these benefits:
- Listing on our directory;
- Online networking events with members of our Editorial Board, focused on different topics in maternal health and wellness;
- Access to premium content opportunities: the chance to be interviewed about your work by Founding Editor Anna Ceesay and be featured on our home page for a limited time;
- Access to a monthly ‘copy clinic’, where you can drop in and share your website/social copy with Anna who can help you edit your words;
- (Covid-permitting) The opportunity to come to a members-only micro photo shoot with Motherdom’s Principal Photographer Natalya Chagrin. You’ll get individual portrait photos taken of you during a 10-minute slot. This is something we plan to start once it’s safe to do so and will incur an additional one-off fee of £60 per person.
All that, for the Founding Member rate of £200 per year (including VAT). Sound good?
It only takes 7 minutes. (T&Cs can be found here.)
If you’d like to have a look at our ‘get help’ page, you’ll see the kinds of services we are predicting that we’ll list in our Directory. (This list is by no means exhaustive and may change.)
Membership criteria of Motherdom
- Be a practising maternal health or wellness professional in the UK;
- Be offering your services as an individual practitioner;
- Have an appropriate qualification, relevant to your field;
- Be accredited by a recognised professional body;
- Hold professional indemnity and public liability insurance with appropriate levels of cover; and
- Have at least 3 years’ experience in your particular field.
Note: We recognise that for non-clinical professionals, qualifications and accreditation may not be relevant in all sectors. We will review these applications on a case-by-case basis. Membership is at the sole discretion of Motherdom and we reserve the right to refuse Membership.
See what these practitioners had to say about attending a Motherdom photo shoot in 2019…
“I use my Motherdom headshot regularly for press comments, journalist requests, podcast and IG live promotions and guest blog posts. I also really enjoyed meeting other practitioners and feeling part of something bigger than myself. It is always affirming to meet kindred spirits and I really felt a sense of community on the day.”
SUZY READING, CHARTERED PSYCHOLOGIST AND MOTHERDOM EDITORIAL BOARD MEMBER
“As a self-employed, home working therapist, I don’t often get to chat and connect with others in the same and related fields. But the Motherdom photo shoot really helped me to meet and get to know others who share the same passions, which always fills me with joy. It was wonderful to put faces to names, and I made some connections which have helped me with my work since then.”
KATHRYN MEADOWS, PILATES THERAPIST
“I found it incredibly valuable to meet all the other contributors and it was a great opportunity to connect. I’ve continued to stay in touch with some of them and it’s a wonderful group of women to have as part of my professional network.”